Installation error of package

Hi!
I’m a new user of the mixOmics package in R and I’ve been reading a lot looking for a solution but nothing seems to help.

After installing the package and even after updating my R version, I’m still getting this error message and none of the data included in the package “it’s found”.

ibrary(mixOmics)
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘mixOmics’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
** namespace ‘rlang’ 0.4.12 is already loaded, but >= 1.0.0 is required

Any idea of what’s happening?

Thank you!
Lisa

Morning @Lisa,

Sorry to hear about your issue and the belated reply. This issue is indicative that the package rlang is running an old version. Version 1.0.1 released a couple of weeks ago and is what the mixOmics package requires. Updating packages is done independently of updating R itself. So, go into your RStudio and navigate to the ‘Packages’ window (I believe by default it’s the third tab in the bottom right section). There’s an update button. Ensure that rlang is selected within the pop-up and update it. This should resolve your issue. If mixOmics also needs an update, ensure that you update that too.

Failing this, give the following steps a try:

1. Remove the rlang package via the function remove.packages().
  2. Restart the R session (Ctrl + Shift+ F10) and then shut RStudio down completely
  3. Reinstall the rlang package via the call: install.packages("rlang", dependencies = TRUE)

Hope one of these methods resolves your issue. Please let us know how it goes either way.

Cheers,
Max.

Hi Max,
This was great solution for my case. I had struggled to install datamodelr package from github tools::install_github(“bergant/datamodelr”) GitHub - bergant/datamodelr: Data model diagrams in R;
and couldn’t understand the issue of the below error:
*** namespace ‘rlang’ 0.4.12 is already loaded, but >= 1.0.0 is required* *
Following the 3 steps as written was a perfect solution to do the job.

Cheers…
Zak

1 Like