Where is the predict function?

Hi MixOmics team,

I’m using the package for a DIABLO analysis but I can’t find the predict function. The R console tells me that the function does not exist in the package.

Capture d’écran 2021-10-25 à 12.45.33

I’m using the 6.14.1 version of the package mixOmics.

Have I done something wrong ?

Thank you.

Hi @lpanneel, the current version of mixOmics is 6.13.3. Please update following the instructions at Bioconductor - mixOmics and you should be able to see the function. Also, just taking a guess here but ensure it is not an artifact of the translation mechanism which might have altered the predict function.

Best,
Al

Hi @aljabadi,

I followed the instructions (I have the 4.1.1 R version) but I see that the latest version of the package is not 6.13.3 but 6.16.3.

When I try to install the 6.13.3 version, the console tells me that it is not working with my R version :

Capture d’écran 2021-10-26 à 12.50.36

And, using the 6.16.3 version, I still have the same problem.

Any idea ?

Hi @lpanneel,

The predict function is a generic one from the stats package. mixOmics implements S3 methods for a number of mixOmics objects which you can see using e.g. mixOmics::predict.block.pls. So as long as mixOmics is loaded, you do not need to use mixOmics::, just predict(DIABLO, ...)

Hope it helps,

Al

Oh, I’m sorry, I thought it was a specific function of mixOmics, as it appears in the documentation :

Capture d’écran 2021-10-27 à 09.37.17

Thank you, it works perfectly fine now.

Have a nice day.